I’m reading parts of CLR via C# 3rd Edition by Jeffrey Richter, mostly threading part.
I think it’s one of the most insightful books on threading in Windows, he has an intense knowledge of threading implementation details, patterns and anti-patterns on Windows and CLR.
I recommend it to all who wants to have a profound practical knowledge of threading in .NET .
Information Visualization : SSL Session Illustrated Clearly
Although this Article depicts a simplified version of protocol, it will help you to grasp the main point very quickly and remember it more easily, the more detailed version can be found on Wikipedia
Recent Readings, Technical Part
Volume of content, topics and organization of content and short mostly single line description are all very well thought out, I did not found any better newsletter in past.
I try to not miss reading them every week.
On Learning Ruby and Rails
Learning Ruby was and is a lot of fun for me.
It introduced me a whole new world and ecosystem.
I tried different development environments and finally setup a Hackintosh on my Dell Latitude D830 laptop, installed the latest OS X from Apple, Mountain Lion and the lovely editor TextMate.
I appreciate the passion of Open Source Software Development in Ruby and Rails community.
And most important, I discovered new ways and paradigms for programming.
Now I can understand better Dave Thomas and Martin Fowler writings on picking the Ruby as the right tools for doing agile.
Below is the titles which I’ve read in recent months:
- L`insoutenable legerte del etre (Persian Translation by Dr. Parviz Homayounfar Published by Ghatreh)
- Philosophy for Beginners (Persian Translation by Amir Nasri Published by Shirazeh Ketab), Great reading for me to dive into philosophy, despite my passion of philosophy I never found an entry point to the subject, that’s why I owe a lot to this book.
- A Guide to Philosophy in Six Hours and Fifteen Minutes (Persian Translation by Majid Parvanehpour Published by Ghoghnous), I always wanted to find out what is the main point of Existentialism, and thanks to the author who himself was an early Existentialist, I found a precious and firsthand thought on subject.
- ich weiß, daß ich nichts weiß, und kaum das. Karl Popper im Gespräch über Politik, Physik und Philosophie (Persian Translation by Parviz Dastmalchi Published by Ghoghnous), Insightful thoughts on Democracy was very enlightening for me.
- L’Identite (Persian Translation by Dr. Parviz Dastmalchi Published by Ghatreh)
- Leading Like Madiba: Leadership Lessons from Nelson Mandela (Persian Translation by Sima Rafiei Published by Ataei)
- Blindness (Persian Translation by Minoo Moshiri Published by Elm)
- میم و آن دیگران by Mahmoud Dowlatabadi (Published by Cheshmeh)
A flexible way to delete duplicate rows in Sql
A few days ago, I found a better solution for deleting duplicate rows in a table and what make me think, is that i caught on to this solution when I’m under pressure of time limit.
When I was playing around with ROW_NUMBER function, incidentally I found out that this pretty useful function could be employed for deleting duplicate rows without getting into trouble with GROUP BY clause.
And here is the script:
with duplicates as
(select *, ROW_NUMBER() over(partition by SerialNumber, FirstName, Surname
order by SerialNumber,FirstName,Surname,RegDate desc) rownum
delete from duplicates where rownum > 1
script delete duplicate rows with same SerialNumber,FirstName and Surname but the row with max RegDate stands still.
NHibernate : Invalid Index N for this SqlParameterCollection or OracleParameterCollection with Count=N
Figuring out what’s happening in nasty *.hbm files to cause this err is overwhelming.
The solution that works great for me is that I manually insert a record in database and try to call Load function on the same object and a more informative error message I’ve got that lead me to solution.
That’s the point!